UPDATE: For several years Attorney Jobs in USA has worked hard to serve you attorney jobs without any cost. We can no more avoid the growing expenses that go into the gathering attorney jobs. We have made every attempt to avoid the price, but we refuse to compromise on quality. We think you will agree that the quality of Attorney Jobs in USA should not be sacrificed. Also we are taking this step to invest in technology to bring near real-time job fee updates, on-board more employers, and offer each jobseeker a personalized and targeted job feed. We strongly believe that this will make our services better and targeted, and will provide more value to our jobseekers. We are looking forward for your positive response in the time of crisis. Our pricing will apply at the next week ($9.99/Monthly). Please let me know your suggestions and ideas about the price so we can better understand your need and better serve you! Please write back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Children's Law Center (CLC) represents children in custody/visitation, paternity, guardianship, domestic violence and connected child protective cases. Under the leadership of the Executive Director, the staff attorney will work to effectuate the mission of CLC to provide children with a strong and effective voice in legal proceedings.
Major Purpose of Position
The staff attorney must be able to handle a high volume of cases from intake through trial. Under the supervision of the borough director, the staff attorney will ensure that CLC maintains high standards of representation and client services.
- Conduct interviews with clients and other individuals;
- Handle court appearances and part coverage;
- Subpoena or otherwise obtain all necessary documentation in order to prepare cases;
- Maintain comprehensive and well organized case files;
- Regularly handle intake, comprehensively prepare cases for conference, negotiation or trial;
- Analyze legal issues, develop legal strategy and facilitate its implementation;
- Properly evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of a case;
- Explore alternatives to litigation and negotiate the best possible resolution for clients;
- Collaborate with the Writing, Social Work, Paralegal and Client Services teams to best represent CLC clients;
- Communicate with other disciplines in a timely manner, as necessary;
- Ensures all required administrative case management tasks are completed and submitted by established deadlines;
- Incorporate the use of technology both in substantive practice and in management of daily calendar;
- With supervisory support, evaluate conflicting demands and prioritize workload;
- Regularly respond to client, community and staff concerns;
- Attend training sessions pertinent to practice; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
Key Qualifications and Competencies:
- Admitted to practice law in New York State
- Demonstrated skills in advocacy, cultural competence, mediation and interviewing
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest and policy
- Knowledge of family court, custody, domestic violence and child welfare
- Experience or demonstrated interest in working on cases involving domestic violence
- Demonstrated experience teaming with colleagues to find solutions to complex situations
- Superb interpersonal skills, effective communication skills (written and verbal), time management, and organizational skills
- Curiosity and eagerness to continue learning new skills and grow professionally and take an optimistic approach to new challenges
- Demonstrated efficient, persistent and meticulous attention to detail along with outstanding initiative, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work independently with excellent judgment, diplomacy, professionalism and able to prioritize requests, track and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated skills as a regular user, of software, technology, and online resources including knowledge of databases, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook including calendaring, tasks, etc.), Internet searches, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise complete discretion when working with confidential and sensitive information
- Desire to work in a busy organization that represents children