What we are doing:
Forescout Technologies, Inc. provides security at first sight. Our company delivers device visibility and control to enable enterprises and government agencies to gain complete situational awareness of their environment and orchestrate action.
Forescout offers a leading technology platform, seasoned leadership, great culture, good people, diverse, great benefits, great compensation. If you have a good work ethic, are visible, and lean in, you will be recognized. We are in growth mode and there are tons of opportunities. A positive attitude and being flexible to change goes a long way!
What you will do:
Forescout has an immediate Corporate Counsel opportunity on our Legal team. In this role, you will report directly to the SVP, General Counsel at our San Jose, CA headquarters. You will focus on overseeing the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our reputation by ensuring the company follows law guidelines and you will give legal advice internally about all relevant issues. You will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize the probability of exposure. Areas of responsibility will include:
- Give accurate and timely counsel in a variety of legal topics
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts, and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Work with the corporate procurement team to review and approve contracts
- Corporate governance of subsidiaries and related filings
What you offer Forescout:
- Broad and deep expertise in corporate and US securities laws, corporate governance and board governance, including best practices
- Familiarity with public company accounting, tax and finance processes, terminology, systems, and issues
- Passionate about technology and energized by the challenges of a dynamic public company
- Detail-oriented, organized, efficient, and resourceful with strong follow-through skill
- A practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving with the ability to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear, concise advice, and creative solutions where necessary on established timelines to meet their business needs
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive, can-do attitude to the workplace and works collaboratively with other members of the Lega team and with internal clients
- A strong track record of taking the initiative to drive progress and deliver solutions and results in a fast-paced and dynamic team, while managing and leading multiple projects
- J.D. and license to practice law in CA or an equivalent state
- 3-5 years of experience in-house, or can have a mix of in-house and law firm experience
- Prior experience with corporate governance/compliance and securities regulation is high preferred
What Forescout can offer you:
- Competitive compensation and Benefits – We cover 95% of employee and dependents’ benefits premiums (the US only), 401K match, generous PTO policy, and much more!
- Collaborative and innovative environment – make an impact on worldwide security while working on the hottest technology.
- Leadership that supports and encourages professional growth and development
- Focus on Diversity and Women in the Workplace – participate in our newly formed ForeScout Women’s Network!
- Want a glimpse of Life @ Forescout? Check us out on Facebook and Instagram