Exciting opportunity to join Aetna's Legislative Analysis Unit as Associate Counsel.
The Associate Counsel role will provide legal support, research, interpretation, and guidance to internal stakeholders and/or management regarding federal/state regulations in the healthcare industry. With Counsel oversight, Associate Counsel analyzes, interprets, and communicates requirements of newly enacted state and federal laws, regulations, and other legal guidance that impact the company's businesses, products, and services. Associate Counsel provides legal support to more senior counsel and management.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team and get the ground up experience in healthcare laws and regulations and build career growth and development.
- With Counsel oversight, Associate Counsel:
- Conducts legal research, interprets and provides guidance on newly enacted state and federal laws, regulations or other legal guidance that may impact the healthcare industry including but not limited to insurance laws.
- Assists more senior counsel with advising business clients on relevant legal requirements.
- Monitors state and federal legislation and regulatory activity for impact to the company.
- Analyzes recently enacted laws, regulations and other legal guidance and determines their applicability to products and services.
- Researches and interprets laws and translates legal requirements into plain language for internal business clients.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Experience with federal or state laws concerning health care and/or consumer directed businesses and consumer directed technology is preferred.
- Experience demonstrating strong written and verbal communications skills required
- Experience demonstrating legal acumen, drafting, and analytical skills required
- 1-4 years of post-bar experience in a law firm and/or in-house/corporate setting that includes: Contract negotiations or drafting; Assisting with regulatory issues and/or Corporate and transactional issues.
- Demonstrated excellent problem-solving skills
- Admitted to practice law in at least one state and in good standing of applicable bar association(s).
- The minimum level of education desired for candidates in this position is a JD.
Additional Job Information:
This job should not be used outside of the Law & Regulatory Affairs department without compensation approval.
General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment, Leadership - Driving a Culture of Compliance, Technology - Leveraging Technology
General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen
Lega - Compliance - law searches, Lega - Compliance - state/federal legislation implementation
Aetna Application - LawNet WebSite, Aetna Application - Legislation Tracking, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word
Legal - American Bar Association
Potential Telework Position:
Percent of Travel Required:
0 - 10%
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Candidate Privacy Information:
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.