Note: All Liberty employees are work from home till 6-1 due to Covid. Remote onboarding for this role
This role will focus on Workers Compensation in Sacramento Area.
At Liberty Mutual, we’re committed to delivering exceptional legal services to our customers around the world, working to uphold and protect our policyholders’ rights and positively impacting our business. As an Insurance Defense Attorney at Liberty Mutual, you’ll join a diverse team that values a healthy work/life balance and enjoy benefits that include eligible performance bonuses, 20 days of flexible time off each year, personal holidays, a pension plan and a 401(k) plan with matching contributions. If you’re looking for a place to build a long-term career while making a positive difference, consider joining our legal team where you’ll represent Liberty Mutual and our policyholders in moderately complex civil litigation matters involving claims for monetary damages or compensation for personal injuries or property damage of moderate value.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you’re a:
- Experienced litigation attorney: You’ll manage the entire legal process, from investigation and discovery though trial prep and court proceedings representing clients in depositions, site inspections, court hearings, trials, etc. and negotiating settlements as required.
- Strategic partner: Researching all applicable laws and findings, you will develop appropriate legal strategies for all stages of litigation and share them with claims representatives and insured clients.
- People person: You’ll establish and maintain good relationships with claims representatives and insured clients, and occasionally conduct training sessions for Legal, Claims or other departments.
- Effective communicator: You’ll develop and render clear, unambiguous legal opinions and strategies, and draft legal documents including pleadings and motions.
- Collaborative mentor: You’ll provide guidance and direction to junior attorneys, paralegals or law clerks, while also having opportunities to interact and collaborate with Home Office Legal.
What you’ve got:
- Membership in the California Bar
- Appropriate special licenses to practice before boards or federal courts preferred
- 1st role is a minimum of one year of successful experience conducting discovery, depositions, oral arguments, mediations, arbitrations, hearings and trials.
- 2nd role is a minimum of three years of successful experience.
- Experience representing insurance companies
- Talent for cultivating strong working relationships with internal and external partners
- Aptitude for detailed, analytical thinking
- Process-oriented mindset, with proven ability to meet deadlines and stay organized
- Persuasive oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of insurance law
- Familiarity with the latest developments in the practice of law, as well as pertinent knowledge in related fields
- Proficiency with technologies that reduce costs and facilitate the practice of law and remote work
A JD degree
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.