The Vice President (VP), Business & Legal Affairs - Entertainment will manage all phases of legal advice for the Television, Studios, Digital, and Music divisions/functions of WWE (including negotiating and drafting all agreements related to television and content production/programming deals, as well as overseeing music-related deals and arrangements).Key Responsibilities:
- Negotiate, draft, administer, and close all requested deals (production, celebrities, musical acts, etc.) in connection with Television, Studios, Digital, and Music.
- Maintain ongoing, positive relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Stay abreast of market and industry trends in the various entertainment sectors.
- Negotiate and draft contracts with support crew, appearance agreements, music licenses, development and production agreements, clearance agreements, clip/footage licenses, copyright and trademark issues.
- Provide all necessary assistance for related ongoing entertainment litigation.
- Work collaboratively with other functional areas in WWE’s Business & Legal Affairs team, including Intellectual Property, Government Affairs, International, and Corporate.
- Maintain a direct and open relationship with Television, Studios, Digital, and Music departments; provide exemplary legal support and counsel for all related matters.
- Supervise and assist in managing shared paralegal resources.
The successful Vice President (VP), Business & Legal Affairs - Entertainment will be seasoned and experienced and must specifically excel in high visibility, high stress, and “roll up your sleeves” environments. He/She will have served in a similar role within a media, sports, television production, or live events company and will also have a proven track record of skillfully navigating deals and successfully negotiating on behalf of a company.In addition, we seek:
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience as a practicing entertainment lawyer, preferably including both company-side and law firm practices.
- Leadership and managerial experience with a company engaged in the entertainment, media or sports industries strongly desired.
- Significant experience negotiating and crafting production, licensing, and other commercial agreements, specifically in entertainment or media.
- Experience working on agreements for pay cable networks, basic cable networks, SVOD platforms (like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.) in connection with scripted and unscripted programming.
- Strong and effective negotiating skills and excellent drafting skills.
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment.
- International experience a plus with the capability of bringing a global, multi-cultural perspective; experience working on cross-border transactions and joint ventures, television production, licensing and rights issues also of value.
- The successful candidate should hold a law degree from a well-regarded American law school.