About the team & Opportunity:
We are looking for a talented person to join our close-knit legal team as Vice President Legal Counsel. You will provide counseling and legal support in a wide range of legal areas, including software license agreements, technology contracts, hospital agreements, health insurance contracts, privacy related marketing materials, employment law and regulatory compliance. You will work directly with a variety of departments across the company, particularly operations, product and marketing, serving as counsel on strategic projects, providing day-to-day advice, and resolving issues that arise across the business.
Our ideal candidate is relentlessly curious, self-motivated, deliberately open-minded, and an action-oriented generalist who can design effective legal advice, internal policies, and operational processes while employing an empathetic interpersonal style. If you enjoy solving novel and challenging problems at the intersection of healthcare and technology and building strong teams and relationships while doing it, we’d love to hear from you!Accountabilities:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including master services agreements, consultant agreements, vendor agreements, business associate and non-disclosure agreements with our Sales teams to close revenue deals.
- Provide practical counsel to product, engineering, marketing, HR and clinical teams on privacy, regulatory, and employment law issues related to new and existing products.
- Working knowledge of regulations and industry guidelines applicable to mobile, social media, and traditional marketing, including HIPAA, CAN-SPAM, COPPA, TCPA and CCPA.
- Design, implement, and iterate on policies, processes, and procedures to manage legal and business risks in healthcare, emerging technology and employment law on a national scale.
- Support the development of training materials, forms, processes and templates to support the business.
- A JD and member of a state bar in good standing, with ability to register as In-house Counsel in NY or waive into New York upon request.
- At least 5+ years experience in commercial contracts, technology, healthcare law, privacy and employment law working in a health insurance, health system, healthcare focused federal or state government agency, technology company or other healthcare company.
- Passion for partnering with business teams to make an impact and coaching junior team members.
- Roll-up your sleeves attitude to tackle projects large and small and a low-ego approach to collaborating across the organization.
- Experience with legal issues related to AI/machine learning in emerging technology.
- Excellent organizational, communications and project management skills.
Employee Benefits for Quartet include
: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, team events, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental and military leave, commuter benefits, 401K, and stock option grants.