Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
The Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs will serve as a legal point of contact and provide legal support for all aspects of content acquisition by the Peacock programming team, including a wide range of issues relating to the licensing of film, television, news, sports, live events and original programming for exploitation on the NBCU streaming service, Peacock, set to launch in 2020. This role will report to the division’s Senior Vice President.Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to:
- Independently draft, review, negotiate and interpret a range of contracts and other legal documents and manage other lawyers in the division working on acquisition, marketing and similar matters.
- Provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues, and propose practical, responsive solutions.
- Identify and implement improvements to forms and processes.
- Partner with NBCUniversal business executives, as well as colleagues in the Law Department, to discuss and implement best practices and formulate new processes in connection with business needs.
- Other matters as needed at the direction of the division’s General Counsel and its Senior Vice President.
- Minimum of 10 years of transactional entertainment law experience at a major law firm, comparable studio, or corporation.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the distribution or acquisition of video programming for exploitation on television and emerging platforms.
- Member of New York bar or other U.S. state bar required.
- JD or LLM degree from an accredited law school required.
- Must be able to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight deadlines in an organized fashion in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a collaborative and team-oriented approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence a wide range of personalities/styles and build productive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding analytic, communication and organizational skills, including excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Sound business judgment, and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple, wide-ranging matters, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise as business needs change.
- Proactively identify, prioritize and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability, in a positive and practical manner, to approach complex legal scenarios in a thoughtful and analytic fashion.
- Ability to explain complex legal concepts to business and creative executives, build consensus across business units, think creatively, and collaborate with other executives to address business needs.