: The Associate General Counsel - Workout and Recovery provides advice and counsel on a variety of legal matters involving BankUnited's and its subsidiaries' workout and recovery efforts with respect to commercial loans and credits. This attorney will work with the Bank's workout and recovery team on drafting, reviewing and negotiating loan modifications, credit purchase and sale agreements and a variety of other instruments involving the company's interests or the interests of its customers. Additionally, this attorney will assist the Bank's workout and recovery team in managing collection efforts, including litigation related to the enforcement of credit agreements and the collection of outstanding debts, as well as developing and modifying practices and procedures to conform to legal requirements and industry best practices and managing outside counsel used in the Bank's workout and recovery efforts.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned. Levels of Authority and Decision Making are indicated as follows:
Education and/or Experience:
- Provides advice and counsel to the workout and recovery team in its management of a portfolio of performing, non-performing and criticized loans and credits, including participating in negotiations with borrowers and borrower's counsel and advising the workout and recovery team on conditions necessary to protect the Bank's interest and achieve maximum recovery.
- Participates in the restructuring of loans and credits; analyzes and determines impact of bankruptcy filings; ensures protection of the Bank as a creditor; interacts with internal and external legal counsel to develop collection strategy and control legal and other expenses associated with assets under management.
- Negotiating and writing/revising contracts, including, in particular, credit purchase and sale agreements and loan modification agreements.
- Managing litigation and other collection efforts, including management and oversight of outside counsel.
- Assists the internal legal team in foreseeing, and protecting the Bank from and against, legal risks.
- Assists the internal legal team on all corporate, legal and regulatory matters affecting BankUnited and its subsidiaries, including, but not limited to: general contracts; third-party agreements; vendor-supplier relationships; management of external counsel; management of litigation and other disputes; industry-related compliance issues; and intellectual property matters.
- Maintains expertise with industry-related compliance and regulatory issues. Helps ensure that all organization activities are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws governing the activities of BankUnited and its subsidiaries.
- Participates in establishing policies and procedures that are consistent with policies and objectives established by BankUnited's board of directors and senior management.
- Drafts key documents, presenting clear recommendations and ensuring legal compliance.
- Keeps informed on legislation, regulation and other developments affecting the various operations and interests of BankUnited and its subsidiaries.
- Attends and actively contributes to various meetings
- Must be a graduate of an accredited law school, be admitted to and in good standing with the state bar of either Florida or New York, and have at least 3 -- 5 years of experience as a practicing bank, commercial credit, bankruptcy and/or workout and recovery attorney with a top law firm and/or a bank or other lender.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.