This attorney will directly support a fast-paced nationwide sales organization as they negotiate complex agreements supporting delivery of Flexential’s services to organizational customers of all sizes and industries who are typically represented by counsel. The attorney will be expected to demonstrate leadership during the negotiation process and creatively find solutions to resolve challenging demands from the customer and their counsel on core legal issues, while obtaining management approval for commercial items in the contract. The attorney will be responsible for periodically reviewing the Company’s form customer agreements with other departments and updating the forms to reflect changes in the Company’s product offerings, regulatory environment and industry standards. In addition to contract negotiation, the attorney will support customer service and operations personnel to resolve legal issues and disputes arising from service delivery and data center operations. This attorney will also support product development with risk identification and mitigation in design and implementation of new products. Depending on the experience and interest of the attorney, he or she will also have the opportunity to participate in real estate transactions, construction projects, technology sourcing and licensing contracts, regulatory compliance, corporate governance, and financing transactions. The attorney will directly report to the General Counsel and will have a title commensurate with experience.Location
Flexential is dual-headquartered in Denver and Charlotte, and preference will be given to candidates located in, or willing to relocate to, Denver or Charlotte. Flexential has satellite offices in data centers in multiple cities across the country, including Atlanta, Nashville, Philadelphia, Portland, Dallas, Minneapolis, Tampa and Las Vegas among others, and Flexential will also consider candidates located in, or willing to relocate to, cities with a Flexential satellite office.Key Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
- Positively impact the business by drafting and negotiating customer contracts through direct interaction (typically over email and webex) with sales organization and customer representatives.
- Maintain forms and negotiating playbook for customer contracts, including MSAs, BAAs, and DPAs.
- Support customer service and operations personnel to resolve legal issues and disputes arising from service delivery and data center operations.
- Support product development with risk identification and mitigation in design and implementation of new products
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the General Counsel.
- Juris Doctorate degree with membership in at least 1 state bar
- 6+ years combined law firm and in-house experience with technology companies, with commercial contracts, IP, information/data privacy and security and real estate experience a plus
- Willingness to learn how to effectively use company IT systems, including Salesforce, SpringCM and Webex
- Curiosity and experience with emerging technology products and services
- Ideal candidate will have demonstrated success building influence with sales executives and advising teams directly.
Base Pay Range: Annualized salary range offered for this position is estimated to be $160,000-$200,000, however, the actual pay range depends each candidate’s experience and qualifications.Variable Pay
: Discretionary annual bonus, based on personal and company performance.