As an active member of the venture capital community, SCGC USA provides you with a non-hierarchical, collaborative, and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. The work we do is interesting, challenging, and wide-ranging in nature and so is our client base. We work at an insane pace, therefore, strong time management, attention to detail, and flexibility are important. You will also work closely with our outside counsel, a portfolio of start-ups, and a network of industry partners to build the legal framework for the next most exciting global technological innovations.
We have an exciting opportunity for a candidate to work on interesting VC and M&A projects. As our VC Attorney, we expect a minimum of 10 years of professional legal experience. Exposure to emerging growth companies and VC/PE is a huge plus. Strong writing and communication skills are required, while proficiency in Chinese is highly regarded. The attorney will be working under the supervision of our president.
Job Type / Category
- Conduct due diligence on companies and prepare reports.
- Negotiate, structure, review, and execute agreements and contracts and financial documents on behalf of the company.
- Advise or seek external advice on a variety of legal issues, including venture financing, and commercial sales agreements.
- Provide updates on contract status, present, and identify legal risks and liabilities associated with transactions.
- Work closely with outside counsel.
- Provide other legal support to the firm if needed
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- JD required
- Must be fluent in English; fluency in Chinese (Mandarin) is desired
- Good knowledge of the China market preferred.
- Be admitted to a recognized bar (Preferred)
- 10+ years of experience working in a famous law firm or significant experience working as a Venture Capital attorney.
- Deep understanding of venture capital financings and private company structure.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Substantive experience in drafting and negotiating documentation related to both legal and financial/commercial matters
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external teams.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of transactions.
- Experience establishing and maintaining corporate entities.