A career in Office of General Counsel, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be a part of the Firm’s legal department by providing dedicated legal support in the areas of litigation, counselling, and corporate, commercial, and employment law. You’ll play an important part in all aspects of regulatory proceedings involving the Firm and its personnel by supporting on regulatory issues, advising the Firm on matters relating to its operations, supporting the Firm’s client contracting function, and advising on matters related to employees. As part of our team, you’ll help with researching background information related to legal issues and prepare legal documents. You’ll focus on drafting contracts or legal agreements, retaining files of prepared legal documents, and coordinating requests between internal and external counsel.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
This role is responsible for reviewing, drafting, revising, negotiating and advising on complex requests for proposal, consulting services agreements, master services agreement, engagement letters, subcontracts, nondisclosure agreements, access letters and other types of agreements consistent with the firm’s risk management practices.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
- Minimum Degree Required:
- Juris Doctorate
Minimum Years of Experience:
Highly motivated, experienced contracting/transactional attorney. This attorney must be proactive, able to work both independently in a team and have strong leadership skills. Candidates must have outstanding law school academics, strong drafting and negotiation skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in, the following areas: - Managing outside counsel to obtain optimal outcome and contain costs; - Identifying and analyzing complex legal/regulatory/business issues and providing appropriate legal advice regarding applicable legal and professional standards, often on a time-sensitive basis; - Demonstrating extensive negotiation skills with respect to legal issues; - Managing multiple cases/matters/projects and/or teams of internal and/or external resources; and, - Building consensus, even for difficult or unpopular courses of action necessitated by legal or regulatory requirements.