What you'll do...
This important role provides legal support and advice to the Walmart’s Sustainability and ESG teams.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Supporting clients by providing the client with an informed understanding of the legal matter, obligations, and risks to allow the client to make informed decisions.
- Support the business in the areas of environmental sustainability and environmental, social and governance (ESG), including providing legal guidance and counseling.
- Reviewing and advising on ESG goal setting and reporting, including coordinating with partners throughout the organization including marketing, merchandising, responsible sourcing, and others.
- Coordinating legal review of Walmart’s annual ESG report and other public disclosures.
- Partner with the business on various strategic and supplier ESG initiatives.
- Identifying the need for and directing training.
- Engaging, directing, and supervising outside counsel.
- Identifying the need for and directing legal support by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Developing and fostering relationships as business partners with client by understanding the business goals and objectives, providing business related input.
- Support various projects relating to corporate governance, securities law, and general corporate matters.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have a JD along with experience practicing law.
- You have experience with legal matters relating to ESG matters, including public reporting.
- You have a passion for ESG and sustainability
- You’re organized, disciplined, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have high standards and are a strategic thinker.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.