About Arbor Biotechnologies:
At Arbor, we are uncovering nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale. Through our pairing of new computational approaches and high-throughput assay technologies, we are exploring the diversity of peptides, proteins, and enzymes to discover bioactivities with impactful applications in therapeutics and/or sustainability
Arbor is seeking a patent attorney to join our legal team to execute global intellectual property transactions in support of Arbor’s gene editing technology and product programs. This position will partner the Legal team with the Business Development and R&D teams to execute a variety of transactions, secure IP, support collaborations, and draft/manage out-licenses involving Arbor’s IP and technology, while working closely with other Arbor teams (Finance, Operations, Leadership).
We are looking for a critical thinker who can develop and implement solutions, appropriately analyze, manage risks, multitask, and communicate well. Most importantly, we seek a team member who wants to be fully integrated into every aspect of the company from research to business execution.
- Negotiate, draft and review agreements such as licenses, research agreements, collaboration agreements, confidentiality agreements, supplier agreements, consulting agreements and material transfer agreements.
- Work proactively with the IP team to manage, protect and develop Arbor’s patent portfolio, including working closely with research & development and outside counsel(s) to proactively identify and develop multi-faceted intellectual property and to prepare, file and prosecute related IP applications.
- Develop a deep knowledge of Arbor’s existing and forward reaching research and development programs, and business activities in the context of competitor landscape, industry trends, laws and regulations affecting IP.
- Provide IP due diligence support for business development activities and manage patentability, freedom-to-operate, infringement, validity and regulatory exclusivity analyses.
- JD required, advanced degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in biological sciences (Molecular/Cellular Biology or equivalent life science)
- MA State bar (or attainable within 1 year) and USPTO registration is required
- 3-5+ years experience in preparing and prosecuting patent applications with a law firm or corporation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with trademarks, copyright, and trade secrets
- Experience drafting and/or negotiating IP-related agreements
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks, and to respond effectively to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
Arbor Biotechnologies is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.