Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for an experienced trade counsel to join Snap Inc! Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with the Integrity & Compliance team to handle all issues relating to trade compliance, as well as work on our broader integrity and compliance initiatives. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, integrity-first compliance team in a company that prides itself on being smart, kind, and creative.
What you’ll do:
- Advise the business on trade control issues and develop related policies, processes, training and messaging programs, periodic risk assessments, and monitoring protocols. For example, you’ll handle issues relating to compliance with U.S. and international sanctions regimes, export classification of apps and other products, exports, reexports and deemed exports, technology transfers, anti-boycott laws, and due diligence for potential acquisitions.
- Develop strong relationships across the business to effectively spot and address trade compliance risk, provide strategic real-time business advice, and ensure that policies and protocols are being effectively implemented and provide required trade compliance training.
- Provide the Integrity & Compliance team and key stakeholders with timely updates regarding regulatory and trade-related developments, and adjust protocols and policies as needed.
- Participate in broader integrity and compliance initiatives, such as integrity messaging, compliance training programs, risk assessments, and office visits. Be a team player.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong business judgment, and the ability to find practical solutions to legal problems
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a strong commitment to integrity
- Ability to clearly communicate complex legal topics in a simple, actionable manner
- Willing and able to accommodate light to moderate travel to domestic and overseas offices
- J.D. with membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 4+ years of experience as trade counsel working on economic sanctions and export compliance, although may consider more senior candidates
- Preferred qualifications:
- In-house experience as trade counsel with a multinational corporation, preferably in technology, communications, entertainment, or similar sectors