Baker Tax Law is a high-end boutique tax firm. It currently has five attorneys, each with a law degree and an LLM from a top law school. See www.mbakertaxlaw.com. We have spent substantial time working for AmLaw 100 firms (WSGR, Cooley, K&L Gates, Ropes & Gray, and Morgan Lewis).
We are largely an M&A shop, and regularly assist with deals where consideration exceeds 100 million dollars. We also regularly review and revise LLC operating agreements.
Ideal candidates will be fluent with the rules surrounding taxable transactions and tax-free reorganizations, have experience revising transaction agreements, and be familiar with partnership tax. Ideal candidates will have represented primarily emerging/private companies in the past.
*** The annual billable requirement is only 1,000 hours. ***
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- 5+ years of law firm experience as a tax associate
- Active member in good standing of the Bar
- Please do not apply if you do not have law firm experience.
Ideal Candidates Will Have
- Tax LLM
- J.D. from a top 15 school
- 6+ years of law firm experience as a tax associate in an Amlaw 100 law firm