Law students will be assigned to work with SEC staff members on projects and assignments that cover a broad range of the Commissions' work. Intern assignments range from supporting litigation to assisting with drafting new regulations to helping with reviews, exams or public outreach. For information about the opportunities and the work that interns do in specific division/offices within headquarters, please read the SEC's website.
Internship opportunities in the Summer 2021 Student Honors Legal Program are either full-time or part-time with a minimum hours requirement of 40 hours per week. This is determined and agreed upon based on the selectees academic course load schedule and division/office needs. You will have the opportunity to discuss schedule, hours, etc. upon selection and acceptance into the program.
The following divisions and offices within our Washington, DC Headquarter location are seeking 2L, 3L, and/or LL.M. law students to volunteer with us during the Summer 2021 program:
- Division of Enforcement
- Division of Corporation Finance
- Division of Trading & Markets
- Division of Investment Management
- EDGAR Business Office
- Executive Services
- Office of the Investor Advocate
- Office of Administrative Law Judges
- Office of the Advocate for Small Business Capital Formation
- Office of Municipal Securities
- Office of International Affairs
- Office of Compliance Inspections & Examinations
- Office of Credit Ratings
- Office of General Counsel
- Office of Inspector General
- Office of Financial Management
Our regional offices are comprised of mainly Division of Enforcement and Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations. The following regional locations are seeking 2L, 3L, and/or LL.M. law students to volunteer with us during the Summer 2021 program:
- Atlanta Regional Office
- Boston Regional Office
- Chicago Regional Office
- Denver Regional Office
- Fort Worth Regional Office
- Los Angeles Regional Office
- Miami Regional Office
- New York Regional Office
- Philadelphia Regional Office
- Salt Lake Regional Office
- San Francisco Regional Office
The Summer 2021 Student Honors Legal Program for law students will officially begin May 24, 2021 and conclude June 30, 2021.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Enrolled as a 2L law student during 2021 school year.
- 18 years or older at the time of appointment.
- You must be registered for Selective Service if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of invitation or selection to another opportunity.
- Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in you not being considered for this position.
- Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
- Qualified applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and submit a complete application package are forwarded for consideration to the locations to which they have applied.
- Representatives from the locations may contact candidates directly for interviews.
- Current 2L, 3L, and LLM law students must be enrolled at least half-time in an ABA accredited law school to participate in the Student Honors Legal Program.
- Applicants MUST be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be enrolled in an accredited US law school program as a law student
- Must be enrolled at least half-time (8 credits or the equivalent)
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
- Relatives of current SEC employees are ineligible
Refer to the Conditions of Employment & Qualifications sections above.
Kindly refer to the below link for a detailed description of the job - https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575824400#