Visa is seeking a commercial, technology, and sourcing, transactions attorney to join the legal team that supports Visa’s global sourcing function. The attorney will report to the Senior Managing Counsel, Visa Legal – Strategic and Technology Sourcing.
The role will work on a variety of strategic sourcing and purchase and resale transactions with leading information technology hardware, data, telecommunications, software, SaaS/PaaS/IaaS and professional services companies around the world. In addition, the role includes responsibility for reviewing, updating, and creating templates in collaboration with stakeholders across Visa, including regulatory compliance, risk, data privacy, technology, sourcing, and intellectual property.
Applicants must be skilled at managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced and challenging, but highly rewarding, environment; be a thought leader on strategic sourcing engagements; have good judgment and strong analytical, client counseling, and negotiation skills; be self-motivated; and, most importantly, be an optimistic, curious, and collaborative team player.Visa Is Looking For Someone Who Will (Essential Functions)
- Work closely with business and technology teams, including senior management, to understand and achieve key business objectives
- Draft, negotiate, and drive to completion complex commercial, technology, and strategic sourcing agreements that achieve business objectives and, where necessary, meet regulatory requirements
- Provide sophisticated and creative counseling and advice to business and technology teams regarding deal structures and associated commercial and contracting considerations
- Initiate and help drive process and efficiency improvements across the legal team
- 8 years of relevant experience.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school.
- Current member in good standing of a State Bar with the ability to become barred or a registered in-house counsel in the state where this role is located.
- At least 5-10 years of legal practice, including at least 4 years supporting a sophisticated sourcing function (in-house or at law firm) in technology and services
- Admitted or licensed to practice in Texas or California.
- Able to work independently and collaborating with executive-level partners with little or no supervision
- Practical and can-do problem-solver with strong business acumen, confidence, maturity and calm under fire
- Demonstrated ability to lead and drive complex commercial and technology transactions, including internationally
- Excellent legal analytical skills with the ability to integrate legal advice and business knowledge, while providing equitable advice regarding risks and benefits
- Prior experience supporting sourcing for technology, financial services, or telecommunications companies