St. Francis Community Services (SFCS), an agency in the Catholic Charities of St. Louis Federation, is seeking a full-time staff attorney to assist with the legal needs of clients in marginalized individuals throughout the St. Louis area.
Catholic Legal Assistance Ministry, a program of St. Francis Community Services, provides legal aide to low-income individuals who live in or have a case in one of the 11 counties of the St. Louis Archdiocese. Our areas of practice include: family law, housing law, guardianship/probate law, immigration law and representing veterans who have unmet legal needs in municipal court, family court, Veterans Administration and other areas.
Staff attorney working in the area of immigration law provides legal representation to low-income immigrants in applications and petitions for immigration benefits supervised by the Managing Attorney at SFCS Catholic Legal Assistance Ministry. Salary determined upon experience.
(Case load may include: Adjustment of Status, Appeals to the Board of Immigration Appeals Asylum (affirmative and defensive), Consular Processing, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, Employment Authorization Documents, Naturalization and Citizenship, Refugee/Asylee Relative Petitions, Relative Petitions, Removal Proceedings, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, Temporary Protected Status, T Visas, VAWA, Waivers of Inadmissibility).
- JD from an accredited ABA institute
- Required Certification/Licensure: License to practice law in the United States as if start date; Missouri license within 6 months of start date
- Preferred experience with immigration law, non-profit or legal aid law
- Preferred experience working with immigrants and/or multi-ethnic cultures
- Preferred experience working with low income, marginalized populations, victims of trauma, or a willingness to be trained in this capacity
- Preferred fluent in Spanish and/or French in addition to English