Join Globality’s collaborative team as it’s first in-house lawyer, focusing on enterprise client contracts and commercial matters, including data privacy and technology transactions. Reporting to our Chief Financial Officer, you’ll work closely with numerous teams at Globality, including Sales, Customer Success, Finance, Provider Success, and our Technology Teams. You’ll provide commercial contract expertise to all functions, and help manage Globality’s external contractual relationships. You’ll shepherd the company through commercial transactions. Along the way, you’ll develop the varied skills of a pragmatic in-house generalist at a privately funded, technology company.
This is a role for an intellectually curious quick-thinker, capable of assessing nuanced risks in the context of business objectives and providing easily-understood, actionable advice.
What you will be doing:
- Provide legal and contract advice to Globality’s sales, customer success, and finance teams as we expand our client reach and sign enterprise agreements with a broad range of Fortune 500 companies
- Draft, negotiate, and advise our internal Globality clients on commercial agreements, including contractor, consulting, marketing, and IT services agreements
- Advise on compliance with global data privacy laws and regulations, including consumer data collection, protection, retention, security, and breach practices
- Collaborate with key members of the Globality team, as well as our outside counsels (corporate, employment, real estate, etc) to help the company handle the varied legal questions that arise in the course of operating a leading technology startup revolutionizing how services are bought and sold
What we are looking for:
- J.D. from an accredited law school, member of a state bar, (CA preferred)
- 4+ years’ combined experience as a tech transactions, or commercial lawyer in a law firm, government agency, or in-house legal department
- Familiarity with enterprise software or SaaS contracts and transactions. Solid understanding of industry norms and standards for these types of agreements and experience translating them into actionable guidance for sales and technical teams
- Experience working in or with software or enterprise technology companies
- High integrity, kindness, intellectual curiosity, and a commitment to timely and responsive client service
- A practical approach to lawyering, always keeping the company’s business objectives and strategic focus top-of-mind
- Strong organizational and communication skills, including the ability to prioritize among multiple projects while driving them to timely completion
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with internal and external contacts ranging in seniority from entry-level employee up to CEO