The Staff Attorney will provide legal advice to business leaders on a broad range of commercial matters, and will assist with drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts across all business units and corporate functions including, general commercial contracts (both service and product oriented), procurement contracts, consulting agreements and licensing agreements.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and provide counsel and advise the business concerning regulatory compliance and legislation impacting the organization
- Oversee the administration of regulatory examinations and audits.
- Contracts reviews – review, draft, edit, amend and otherwise prepare and even negotiate vendor contracts and other commercial and transactional documents
- Provide support to the Company regarding leasing, transactions and other agreements.
- Provide advice and counsel to various internal departments on a variety of substantive legal matters.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations and determine application to the Company.
- Provide day-to-day legal support to the Company and its affiliates.
- Prepare regulatory filings and negotiate with regulators to achieve business objectives.
- Perform legal research, develop and give presentations on commercial law and transaction topics
- Develop and conduct legal training for business partners.
- Work on special projects and other duties as assigned.
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employee will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.Supervisory Responsibilities:
May lead projects.Minimum Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A. /B.S.) and Juris Doctor or equivalent from an accredited law school in the US or equivalent common law degree and licensed to practice law in at least one jurisdiction.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of related experience, preferably in a combination of mid size or large law firm and corporate setting, with some international experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and in-house legal experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Current license in any US State Bar as an attorney in good standing, qualified to practice law.
- Knowledge of pertinent laws and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze case law and provide recommendations.
- Ability to diffuse work conflict without bringing it to the attention of the executive leader using strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Highly resourceful
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Spanish fluency required
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.Desirable RequirementsPhysical Requirements:
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.