The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.Summary:
Reporting to the Director Global Trade Compliance, the Staff Attorney – Global Trade and Compliance is responsible for supporting the creation and implementation of compliance policy and initiatives globally.Key Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary contact for governmental inquiries and notifications related to trade compliance issues.
- Identify and assess legal and business risks of current commercial operations and processes.
- Review import documentation and guide business teams and customs brokers.
- Coordinate and provide comment on legislative initiatives.
- Interface with regulators on licensing and other regulatory matters.
- Provide subject matter expertise and training to business clients.
- Provide legal guidance on directed items and manage outside counsel as necessary.
- Lead periodic internal assessments to report on the state of Simplot’s compliance programs. Identify risk areas and recommend improvements.
- Manage day-to-day trade compliance matters for Simplot’s business units globally
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Licensed Customs Broker credential strongly preferred
- Will also consider individuals willing to become a Licensed Customs Broker
- Ability to travel internationally (Less than 10%)
- Ability to lead multi-country, cross-functional projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of corporate import and export compliance programs.
- Subject matter expertise in all relevant areas of global trade compliance including HTS classifications, export control classification, free trade agreement qualification, and post-import auditing.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.