We are CalAmp, a connected intelligence company that gives people the ability to track, monitor and recover their vital assets with real-time visibility and insights.
Currently, we are seeking a Sr. VP, General Counsel & Secretary with at least 12 years of experience, based in Irvine, California. This is an exciting opportunity for those who align with our core values (Inclusion, Innovation, Execution, Customer Success) and for those who desire to build, sell, and/or support connected solutions and services.
We proudly offer the stability and security of an established publicly traded tech company yet nurture and embody an entrepreneurial spirit. We give our people excellent compensation packages, an extensive suite of medical and retirement benefits, a flexible paid time off policy, accommodating work schedules, an employee stock purchase plan, continued education assistance & training programs, support for personal wellness, and company sponsored philanthropic opportunities.Responsibilities:
In this newly created position, reporting to the CEO, you will be the lead member of CalAmp’s legal team and will manage day-to-day operations of the company’s legal functions. You will be responsible for interfacing with both internal and external constituents and playing a key role in CalAmp’s growth.
- Provide general legal advice and counsel to CalAmp’s executive management and functional leaders
- Advise Board of Directors on legal matters and corporate governance issues
- Serve as member of CalAmp’s SEC Disclosure Committee
- Draft, negotiate and advise on a wide variety of commercial contracts including distribution agreements, vendor agreements, supply agreements, licensing agreements (technology or data/content), hosting services agreements, NDAs and consulting agreements
- Participate in enterprise risk management function by establishing policies and business processes to minimize risk of legal liability; analyze risk exposure of potential new contracts and/or business
- Oversee company’s regulatory compliance programs, including FCPA, export controls, conflict minerals and privacy laws
- Provide corporate transactional support, including corporate financings and mergers & acquisitions legal due diligence
- Mentoring staff attorney.
- Oversee contracts administration function.
- JD, with at least 15 years' experience as a commercial contracts lawyer in a law firm and/or a corporate legal department; prior in-house experience at a public company preferred
- Active member of The State Bar of California
- Strong business acumen and approach
- Experience working in a technology industry and SaaS business environment preferred
- Experience advising business teams on a variety of business models and structures
- Strong organizational and communications skills, ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks and projects, track and follow up on projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Ability to work independently, shift focus, adapt to changing priorities, maintain patience in high pressure situations and take initiative where appropriate.
- Strong customer service focus and flexibility
- Experience working in a SaaS business environment
- CMS programs such as Concord
If you are a talented legal fellow with an interest in the Internet of Things (IoT) domain, we want to speak with you. Interviews are occurring this week and next so apply now if interested.