Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Senior Counsel, Intellectual Property will be responsible for providing strategic counsel on all facets of patent law, including procurement, enforcement, freedom to operate, and business development.
- Conducting strategic IP due diligence.
- Providing IP transactional support for a wide variety of business transactions.
- Securing global patent protection for new molecular entities, indications, combinations, formulations, manufacturing, and other innovations
- Performing freedom to operate counseling.
- Supporting court and administrative litigation efforts.
- Advising on data protection and other forms of exclusivity
- Effectively managing outside counsel to achieve positive outcomes
- Collaborating closely with other Law Department colleagues and functional support groups to provide legal advice and counsel
The ideal candidate should have:
- A J.D. degree or equivalent and admission to at least one state bar
- Registered to practice before the USPTO
- 10 or more years of patent law experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology field, or an equivalent combination of patent and pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the biological and/or chemical sciences. An advanced science degree is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Service-oriented focus with ability to work as part of cross-functional teams and drive results.
- Highest integrity, excellent judgment and the ability to proactively recognize and effectively communicate legal issues to patent, legal and general management