We are looking for a talented person to join the Nordstrom Privacy Team as a Senior Corporate Counsel. The ideal candidate has strong privacy experience, 7-10 years of practice at a law firm or in house, and a desire to learn and build deep business partnership.
The position will be a member of a collaborative privacy team that partners with business units to understand and enable business objectives with practical privacy guidance. This team member will also work closely with other Privacy team members to support business initiatives, compliance efforts, privacy programs, and incident response efforts.Responsibilities include:
- Providing clear and practical privacy advice to enable business strategies and efforts across the enterprise;
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with teams and stakeholders throughout the enterprise;
- Partnering with and becoming a trusted advisor to stakeholders across the enterprise, including with senior leaders within and outside of the Legal Department;
- Effectively negotiating privacy and information security terms in technology, vendor, and service provider contracts;
- Supporting other Privacy team members in conducting privacy impact analyses and project assessments to address privacy risks and legal requirements;
- Managing cross-functional efforts to address privacy legal risks;
- Monitoring and assessing legislative, regulatory, and enforcement developments in privacy law the US and Canada;
- Consistently demonstrating a strong knowledge of privacy requirements and best practices; and
- Successfully navigating quickly changing priorities, ambiguity, and the unexpected with a positive attitude.
You own this if you have:
- 7-10 years of experience as a lawyer at a top-tier law firm or in-house legal department, with at least 4 years focusing on privacy law;
- Significant experience negotiating vendor and service provider contracts;
- Experience in U.S. and Canadian privacy law, including CAN-SPAM, TCPA, behavioral advertising, GLBA, HIPAA, PIPEDA, and/or CCPA.
- IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US, CIPP/C, or other IAPP credential) preferred.
- Excellent time management, analysis, and advising skills;
- Ability to succinctly summarize recommendations and tailor communications by audience;
- Familiarity with existing and emerging technology and e-commerce strongly preferred; retail experience is a plus (but not required);
- Understanding of marketing, targeted advertising, and data analytics strongly preferred;
- A passion for privacy, data protection, and data policy; and
- J.D. with a license to practice law in Washington State.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.