The Un-carrier seeks a highly motivated, hardworking attorney to support its national security compliance program. This attorney will work with lawyers and compliance professionals across the legal department and a variety of business units to assess national security risks and provide legal and compliance guidance tailored to meet those risks. A successful candidate will be ready to jump into action, working closely with business partners to provide practical, strategic legal guidance and design and implement creative solutions to complex challenges. This position can be located in Bellevue, WA, Overland Park, KS or Washington, DC.
T-Mobile has consistently been recognized as a Best Place to Work thanks to our crew of diverse, multi-talented self starters who are ready to go go go… And T-Mobile is recognized as a best place to work for LGBTQ employee by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index five years in a row. A designated Military Friendly Employer by Military Friendly for eleven years running. And with a 100% score on the Disability Equality Index, our diversity across gender, race and ideas drives us forward.
As Senior Corporate Counsel for national security, you will be an integral part of our operational compliance team. You will design and implement compliance programs through partnership and collaboration with business clients and other legal and compliance specialists. You will work with clients to address national security matters, including reducing risk, ensuring policies and procedures across the company are in place, and evaluating and updating relevant controls to ensure a tight compliance program. You will be a strategic advisor and legal counselor to our national security compliance team and assist with drafting external communications. And you will develop strategies for handling legal issues in innovative ways that address risk while allowing flexibility and maintaining T-Mobile’s ability to innovate in the 5G era and beyond!
- You’ll bring a solution-oriented attitude, a bias for action, the sophistication to interact with client teams at all levels, and a deep curiosity that drives you to dive into complex issues. We’ll bring the collaborative workplace, a great team and the interesting legal issues! The ideal candidate will also have some or all of the following:
- U.S. law degree with at least 5 years of legal practice in litigation, investigations and/or regulatory work (extra credit for national security experience!)
- Ability to obtain a US Government Clearance
- Admitted to practice in at least one state bar
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to distill complex ideas into clear and precise legal recommendations
- Ability to provide practical guidance and be agile in a fast-paced environment
- Monitor and mitigate legal risks and exposures
- Keen analytical and interpersonal skills
- Must be a motivated self-starter able to multi-task in a dynamic environment
T-Mobile’s benefits include compressive heath, dental and vision coverage, paid parental leave, Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance, childcare subsidy/back up childcare, tuition assistance, flexible scheduling, mobile service discount and charitable giving matches.
- JD degree
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED