What You'll Do
This role will support Supply Chain Operations and Global Procurement Services primarily on complex technology transactions. You'll be a motivator of a team responsible for negotiating and drafting transactions critical to Cisco’s growth.
In addition, you will engage strategically with our business partners to develop optimized contract systems and platforms to structure commercial partnerships with our vendors across a wide range of transactions with a focus on hardware suppliers. You will help create a platform to enthusiastically engage our clients with a systems oriented delivery of legal services to streamline and accelerate our contract processes. You will also negotiate and draft a wide variety of agreements, and counsel business partners on various issues. Entrepreneurial by nature, you will have an immediate impact with your analytic rigor, business judgment, and ability to get things done.Who You'll Work With
Cisco is moving fast and investing in strategic areas to ensure we capture market transitions and deliver business outcomes to our customers. As billions of things connect to the Internet and as massive amounts of data continue to be distributed ever more widely, our customers are facing challenges around complexity and security. As customers evaluate how to lead these challenges, they are turning to Cisco to help them reduce their operating expenses and become more agile and, most importantly, more secure. Our dedication to solving our customers’ challenges is rooted in our vision to deliver the highly secure intelligent platform for digital business. To do that, we are passionate about reinventing networking, enabling a multi-cloud world, unlocking the power of data, enriching the employee and customer experience, and deploying security everywhere. In all of these things, the network is the common denominator.
This vision is dependent, among other things, on the company’s global operations infrastructure being highly scaled, digitized, efficient, and reliable—in a phrase: world-class. Legal is a key business partner to help our exceptional Supply Chain Operations and Global Procurement Services organizations to devise strategy and build processes and contractual infrastructure by providing detailed, creative and fast legal support to provide compelling value to our business.Who You Are:
You are a detailed, agile, and hardworking attorney with significant technology transactions experience to join our exciting team as Senior Corporate Counsel. You can inspire the team around them to design and adopt new processes and systems, challenge the old ways of doing things, and use data and digitized processes to help deliver best-in-class legal services. You have sharp business focus and are dedicated, conclusive, and highly collaborative. Excellent social, communication and drafting skills and you can synthesize complex issues and influence and lead across functions (both business and legal) are required.Our Minimum Requirements for this role:
In this role, you will be joining a team of excellent lawyers supporting our Supply Chain and Procurement businesses. You will:
- 8+ years of relevant legal, in-house and law firm experience
- Ability to understand sophisticated contractual issues, assess risk, and provide concise, plain English, business-focused legal advice
- Extensive background in technology acquisition (chips, foundries, and silicon experience preferred), commercial transactions, drafting agreements, and intellectual property
- Knowledge and background using contracting tools and applications
- Experience advising clients on legal and contractual issues impacting business transactions, with a track record of building business relationships and gaining trust of internal clients
- Excellent judgment and can craft creative solutions and proven success using systems and automation to drive innovation and results
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and lead several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure; ability to self-start and lead projects
- Sound business judgment and extraordinary communications and interpersonal skills aimed at the senior executive level
- Critical thinking, as well as superior time-management and organization skills
- Willingness to ask/insist: how can we do things better?
- JD with strong academic record required. Bar admission in good standing in CA (or eligible to be admitted in CA).
- Validated excellence with regards to your legal and business judgment, technical acumen, and critical thinking
- Build legal frameworks and strategies for inbound transactions for the supplier teams
- Structure, draft and negotiate hardware and technology transactions, both domestic and international
- Advise commodity managers on risk, contract structure and assist with negotiating strategies
- Design and improve processes to drive standard contracting structures and negotiation strategies, working hand in hand with our clients
- Coordinate with other legal subject matter experts and business unit attorneys