We have a great opportunity for an attorney interested in advising on a broad variety of issues for a business, Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF), that is designing and launching news business models across the world. The Global Specialty Fulfillment Operations team (GSF) covers a portfolio of businesses with unique fulfillment and operational capabilities such as Amazon Fresh, Whole Foods Market Online, Amazon Heavy/Bulky, Amazon Business, Same Day Operations, Locker+, and Treasure Truck. We're looking for a strong leader eager to work closely with a dynamic business and has a record of being a strong legal advisor. In this role you will:
- Draft a broad range of commercial agreements, such as transportation agreements and third party logistics agreements;
- Counsel on regulatory matters;
- Work directly with the business to serve as lead counsel on strategic initiatives; and
- Provide day-to-day advice and counseling.
- Spot issues and collaborate with subject matter experts within Legal.
This position requires great judgment and common sense, as well as very strong written and verbal communication skills, and great attention to detail. We are looking for candidates who are innovative, progressive, extremely hands-on, and customer-obsessed professionals. In addition, they must be proactive and fast-moving when necessary to complete projects in a timely fashion. This position is located in Seattle, Washington.
- Juris Doctor and membership in good standing of at least one state bar
- 10+ years of legal experience as either a transactional attorney or regulatory attorney
- Experience supporting operational business teams as they grow and scale
- Ability to apply a high level of discretion, common sense and good judgment to ambiguous situations
- Ability to work independently and directly with all levels of legal and business partners
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong analytical skills
- A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus.
- Transportation and logistics experience is valuable.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical and computer skills.
- A keen interest in solving customer problems in new and ways
- A great sense of humor and willingness to grow and improve over time
- Experience managing other attorneys and legal professionals