You will be responsible for a broad range of technology transactions and operational issues, and for counselling business and sales units on a variety of issues within the North America region. To be successful within the organization, the Sr. Assistant Corporate Counsel must embrace the core values of the organization and quickly establish yourself as a team player who is both flexible and intellectually nimble, with an enhanced commercial/business perspective, and be a self-starter who can immediately contribute in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
You will be a qualified lawyer (passed bar exam in any US State), with rights to reside and work within the United States, with a valid legal degree from a recognized University, and have an expertise in technology contracts with and strong emphasis on cloud-based services and software licensing agreements, Reseller and Partner Agreements and ancillary contractual experience. You will focus on cloud subscription agreements and all related cloud-based transactional matters, as well as inbound and outbound software licensing and distribution agreements, especially in connection with enterprise licensing transactions.
What You’ll Do:
In this role, the primary responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Negotiating, drafting and closing cloud and software licensing and technology agreements and related matters such as subscription agreements, reseller and teaming agreements, subcontractor agreements, RFP responses, statements of work, direct and indirect licensing agreements, Cloud-based transactions, alliance/partnering agreements, enterprise software and support agreements, marketing agreements, and distribution/channel agreements.
- Knowledge of and engagement with data privacy and data security-related issues.
- Preparation of standard templates for recurring commercial transactions and to address new business models or legal and business requirements.
- Counselling and collaborating with business/sales clients, marketing, finance and other business functions necessary to effectively and efficiently accomplish assignments and ensuring best practices in various legal areas such as antitrust, intellectual property protection, contract law, and others.
- Working with internal business partners on education and planning and advising business leaders on significant legal issues impacting the business, and specifically the Cloud services, including the drafting and hands-on negotiation of diverse commercial agreements with global parties.
- Oversee a contract approval process, contract database, contract summaries, and a system for tracking contract performance after signing, and manage.
- Maintain legal, compliance, corporate governance, and other corporate records.
- Ad hoc duties as directed by management
- You must possess a law degree from an accredited law school and have passed a bar exam in any US State or Territory and be a member in good standing in any such State or Territory.
- Minimum of 3 years legal experience required and gained from a combination of private practice and in-house roles. This position requires a confident and experienced attorney with a strong track record in managing a broad range of legal issues and interacting closely with business leaders.
- Proficient in commercial and contract law and have experience negotiating and drafting a variety of contracts including Cloud, licensing, distribution, supply, OEM/ODM, collaboration, and strategic transactions.
- Customer-facing work (e.g., sales and deal desk, etc.) focus is a must.
- Substantial experience with top rated law firm or major high technology company required.
- Proficient knowledge of legal issues specific to the Server/Storage/Cloud Computing industry.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, a good communicator, organized and possess excellent drafting skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to navigate, complex legal and regulatory compliance issues.
- Must have positive, problem-solving, business focused attitude with good judgment prioritizing workload in fast paced environment, with and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete projects accurately, on schedule.
- Must be a team player also able to self-start and work independently. Deal/negotiation experience is essential.
- Must be customer-centric and have the ability to lead business negotiations and assist clients in meeting their objectives.
- Ability to work on complex matters with minimal supervision.
- Track record of establishing strong working relationships with internal/external business clients and within the legal department.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to collaboratively work cross functionally with internal teams including finance, sales operations, product management and sales.
- Telecom, IVR, or similar industry experience helpful
- Experience with other international experience and language skills will also be taken into consideration.
- Excellent judgment, confident and comfortable, with a strong work ethic.