Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your legal expertise to cutting-edge and often unexplored aspects of the law.
We have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic transactional and technology lawyer in Apple’s Software Products Legal Group, providing transactional support for Apple’s machine learning activities and general legal support to a number of Apple software teams. This is a chance to be part of a hands-on team, dedicated to supporting key Apple software products, services and initiatives.
- 5+ years of relevant experience structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial, licensing and technology transactions, working on technology issues, and providing practical legal advice
- Strong contract drafting skills, adept at putting together agreements for a wide variety of technology transactions
- Excellent communicator who is able to articulate complex and nuanced legal issues clearly and concisely to frontline business/engineering teams and senior executives alike
- Effective negotiator with strong business insight
- Creative problem-solver who can drive transactions and analyze and help resolve complex issues in innovative and practical ways
- Best suited for an energetic self-starter who likes technology and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- In-house experience preferred
Do you enjoy transactional work and helping others find solutions to big challenges? Does new technology, and the legal issues it can present, excite you? Do you like building strong client relationships and working on teams? In this position, you will structure, draft and negotiate complex agreements related to Apple’s machine learning and other initiatives, including data/IP licenses, software technology development agreements, services agreements, consulting agreements, and technology acquisitions. You will also help develop policies and procedures to streamline and maintain consistency in these engagements.
We are looking for someone like you to help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, defend our intellectual property and provide the critical legal support needed for Apple’s software products and businesses. You’ll work with some incredible people and have fun along the way. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
Education & Experience
JD or equivalent, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one US state bar required.