About the Team:
Our legal team provides key support for all TikTok’s innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global video market. We help our technological and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and support. The TikTok team is growing fast and is seeking highly experienced, bright and capable legal professionals to join the team. One of the critical challenges is the need for our team to provide exceptional legal support for the Data Privacy and Data Protection matters involving TikTok. The following describes the responsibilities and requirements for the role.Responsibilities:
- Lead on reviewing new products, product features, and other product-related matters to ensure compliance with data protection laws.
- Coordinate with regional counsel to perform multi-jurisdictional assessments in order to assist in compliance and design.
- Lead efforts to develop global standards and policies surrounding privacy and data protection practices.
- Update product privacy policies, assess third party relationships, and conduct compliance assessments as needed.
- Provide support as needed to assist on other company efforts (new technology implementation, internal policies, and data security efforts).
- Bachelor’s degree plus a Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school or a UK/EU Equivalent.
- Member in good standing of the California, New York, UK or EU Member Nation bar.
- 10 or more years' of post qualifications experience.
- Experience should include leading data privacy efforts globally/regionally for a major multinational corporation or advising agency on data privacy issues.
- Experience, and more importantly personal interest, in technology, social network, internet, and all things digital is ideal.
- Experience with analyzing products to determine their compliance with applicable data protection regulations and principles.
- Detail oriented that can coordinate across multiple teams/countries.
- Strong sense of problem solving and proactive work ethic.
- Determination to face tough challenges in a fast-paced environment while keeping a sense of humor.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Mandarin a plus.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too. TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at Recruiting.Corp@tiktok.com.