The Johnson and Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Patent Counsel to be located at the Janssen Research & Development campus in Spring House, PA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $82.1 billion in 2019 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 130,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.As a Senior Patent Counsel, you will:
- Primarily support the pharmaceutical sector of Johnson & Johnson, and more specifically, the Immunology business of the Janssen operating companies.
- Provide a full range of patent support functions, including patent preparation and prosecution, freedom-to-operate analysis, rendering opinions, managing outside counsel, drafting and negotiating license and research collaboration agreements, due diligence support for business development and client counseling.
- Regularly make presentations and engage with the business regarding patent and intellectual property related contractual matters.
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in a pharmaceutical related science is required; an advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school, admitted to the USPTO and licensed to practice in at least one state or the District of Columbia is required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of law firm or corporate law department experience is required.
- Ability to articulate and positively engage clients and internal partners is required.
- Capability to give well organized, thoughtful presentations to upper management is required.
- A demonstrated competency in the field of pharmaceutical drug discovery, development, and commercialization is required.
- The primary emphasis will be on small molecule technologies with a competency for analyzing legal matters associated with the research, development, and commercialization small molecules is required.
- Experience in rendering patentability and non-infringement opinions is required.
- Substantial experience drafting and prosecuting pharmaceutical-related patent applications is preferred.
- Experience in due diligence activities, license/agreement drafting and negotiation is preferred.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time to domestic and international destinations is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.