BAE Systems is Seeking Senior Level Patent Counsel to join our growing legal team.
The work we do at BAE Systems matters. We create innovative technologies and solutions that give our military and commercial customers an edge. We seek strong technical engineers with passion and integrity, the ability to solve complex problems, and an interest in making a significant impact. Are you up for the challenge?
This professional will join our IP team to work with advanced technologies in diverse areas such as critical defense technologies, space, electric vehicles, avionics, cyber and autonomy.
You will be an essential member of a small group that supports the Intellectual Property (IP) efforts at BAE Systems and work on identifying, capturing, strategizing and protecting the IP assets of the company.
If you are looking to make a significant impact and want to work for a passionate legal team, come join us here at Electronic Systems (ES). This role will report directly to the Deputy Chief Counsel – Intellectual Property and support the Electronic Systems technology platforms and related products and services of BAE Systems.
**Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status**
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Education and Experience:
- B.S. or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering (preferred), Computer Science (preferred), Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or related fields
- Minimum of eight (8) years hands-on U.S. patent preparation and prosecution experience in law firm or in-house corporate setting
- Experience in counseling and training on innovation, patents, trade secrets, copyright and trademarks
Required skills and qualifications:
- USPTO Patent Attorney
- High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills, and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing environment
- Customer focused, excellent communicator and ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong organizational abilities and a solid team player
- Demonstrated ability to draft patent applications covering complex technologies
- High volume patent prosecution workload
- Position preferably based in Nashua, NH with alternate locations in Manassas, VA; San Diego, CA, Cedar Rapids, IA and Austin, TX
- Some travel to other sites in the U.S. or elsewhere may be required
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Experience with CPI docketing system
- Familiarity with defense field and government reporting (FAR/DFARS)