Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Sr.Counsel Managed Care? At HCA you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million to our incredible team members over the course of three years.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Come join our team as a Senior Counsel. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary:
Provide legal advice regarding managed care payor agreements (including drafting language, identifying regulatory issues, and assisting with related operational issues on behalf of HCA and its affiliates in particular geographic regions (to be specified). Provide pre-litigation claim support and analysis for disputes regarding rights and obligations under manage care agreements. Supervise an assigned secretary and paralegal (who will be shared with other attorneys).Responsibilities
Legal advice and support in connection with Managed Care Agreements, including:
- Prepare redlines of payer agreements to reflect general company/department objectives and specific business objectives;
- Negotiate terms and provisions of Managed Care Agreements;
- Analyze payor policies and compliance with HCA managed care agreements;
- Analyze managed care agreements and arrangements for fraud and abuse and anti-trust issues and coordinate resolution of the same through outside counsel and/or operations counsel;
- Manage the use of outside counsel.
- Collaborate with other members of the Legal Department and Parallon Business Solutions on pre-litigation disputes related to managed care agreements
- Interact with corporate and local Communications and Government Relations departments concerning managed care-related press or legislative matters.
- Interact with Ethics and Compliance Department as necessary to ensure compliance with reporting requirements under the Corporate Integrity Agreement.
- Participate in legal training for business/operational personnel.
- 10+ years of relevant experience required
- Juris Doctorate is required.
- Admitted to, or qualified to be admitted to, the Tennessee Bar
HCA Healthcare is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, comprising 184 hospitals and approximately 2,000 sites of care, including surgery centers, freestanding ERs, urgent care centers, and physician clinics, in 21 states and the United Kingdom. With more than 280,000 colleagues driven by one purpose—to give patients healthier tomorrows—we are excited about the future of medicine and believe we are uniquely positioned to play a leading role in the transformation of clinical care.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Senior Counsel Managed Care opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.