We are looking for a Sr. Legal Counsel to join our sales and G&A team, working directly with our leadership, company business units and external customers around the world who possesses demonstrated experience and skill in handling transactional matters in the software industry, such as software license and software-as-service agreements as the majority of time will be spent in this area. The role will provide opportunities to engage in other matters (e.g., IP protection, privacy, litigation, open source, corporate and M&A, international issues, etc.).Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- On a daily basis, review, structure, draft, and negotiate a large variety of mainly outbound agreements, such as sales contracts, OEM and alliance agreements, distribution agreements, SaaS agreements, SOWs, and NDAs.
- Focus on understanding and supporting customers’ needs in agreements that support company's growth.
- Work directly with the business clients to develop business and legal terms, and then draft and negotiate the contract. Counsel internal clients on the implications of various terms and conditions of agreements.
- Familiarization with industry-related compliance and regulatory issues.
- Advise company and senior management for business operations to comply with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Analyze issues and use sound judgment: gather and analyze information needed to understand problems; base decisions on sound logic and knowledge of the law; make timely recommendations on problems and issues requiring immediate attention; give sound actionable advice based on complex functional issues and problems; recognize issues that need to be escalated for resolution.
- Lead continuous improvement of standard form agreements and the contracting process.
- Contribute and collaborate with the company’s other inside and outside counsel.
- Member of at least one State Bar (California or Texas preferred)
- Juris Doctorate Degree
- 7 years of directly related transactional experience either at a reputable law firm or in-house (combination of these experiences is preferred)
- Deep experience in the following areas:
- Contract negotiation and review
- Contract management and renewals
- software license agreements
- SaaS agreements
- reseller agreements
- OEM agreements
- Statements of Work
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Experience or education in computer science or computer programming preferred
- Education and experience in intellectual property law
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and CRM systems (Salesforce)
- Experience supervising outside counsel in multiple jurisdictions and countries
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, negotiation, consulting, analytical and problem-solving abilities, with an eagerness to learn and develop new skills and capabilities in other areas of in-house practice
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to handle multiple, high priority projects with sharp attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with internal and external stakeholders
- The successful candidate will have a positive attitude, flexibility, a focus on teamwork, and a sense of humor
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.