This attorney will be based in our New York office and will be working on a broad range of outbound enterprise licensing and sales matters for on-demand services, managed services, on premise software, and professional services – areas that are significant to An American Multinational Computer Software Company's success.What you'll Do
This attorney will be handling complex commercial contracts, including experience with enterprise software & SaaS licensing. Candidates must have a minimum of 8 years' experience supporting enterprise licensing and sales teams for on-demand services/cloud-based offerings. This attorney must also be prepared to negotiate and drive strategic transactions, and manage a significant volume of sales/revenue agreements. This attorney will provide counsel to Sales and Sales Management (and possibly other groups, such as the Business Units, Information Security, and Consulting Services teams) on a variety of licensing topics including intellectual property, commercial terms, anti-trust and privacy law. Strong interpersonal skills are required, along with the ability to coordinate projects. Must have a can-do outlook, be able to provide solutions that balance legal and business concerns, be customer-friendly and an excellent teammate. We are also a close, collaborative team that loves to have fun together!What you need to succeed
- A JD from an accredited law school, and licensed in New York State.
- 8-12 years’ minimum experience in commercial contract negotiations, with at least 5 years in the area of software licensing.
- Ideal to have prior in-house experience with an enterprise technology company, an AmLaw 200 level law firm, or both.
- Significant history supporting enterprise sales professionals and cloud-based software offerings is required.
- The right candidate must be prepared to drive a significant volume of sales/revenue agreements.
- This role must also counsel Sales and Business Units on a variety of topics, including licensing, IP, anti-trust and privacy law.
- Must be proficient in attention to details, a good communicator, and highly organized.
- Must have excellent drafting skills.