U.S. Bank’s Law Division is seeking an experienced attorney who is authorized to practice law in the United States and is in good standing with the appropriate U.S. state-licensing authority, to join its in-house legal team to provide legal support to Elavon, U.S. Bank’s global merchant acquiring business. This position supports the Elavon North America product team and reports to the Elavon senior legal team. This role has a hybrid schedule with three days per week working in the Elavon office and two days per week working from home.
In connection with the Elavon product team, this position (1) supports the team during the development of technology products/services utilized in connection with payments; (2) supports the team during the negotiation and drafting of complex strategic vendor and partner agreements within designated compliance framework; (3) supports Elavon’s global product initiatives across the United States, Canada, and Europe; and (4) manages outside counsel as directed by the senior legal team, including as required to support Elavon’s global product initiatives.
This position’s role includes providing legal counsel to Elavon’s product team throughout the product development life-cycle; strategizing and assisting the business line in framing business decisions; drafting and negotiating strategic vendor/partner agreements; reviewing contract templates; advising on compliance with legal requirements; providing legal advice for new technology products/services; working with other groups within U.S. Bank in support of product initiatives; becoming well-versed in U.S. Bank’s procedures and processes in relation to third-party and risk management; becoming an “expert” with respect to products supported; and liaising with and managing outside counsel as directed by the senior legal team.Basic Qualifications:
- Law degree
- Licensed by and in good standing with the appropriate state bar association or other appropriate state attorney licensing authority
- Bar admittance in the U.S. state where candidate is located
- At least 7 recent years of experience practicing law in an in-house legal department or at a law firm in a full-time attorney position providing legal support for complex product development and launch, including support for vendor and third party agreements involving licensing, privacy, technology and intellectual property issues.
- Ability to issue spot and problem solve
- Experience in negotiating and drafting strategic and complex agreements with vendors and partners
- Excellent verbal and written skills; ability to communicate complex legal concepts in layman terms
- Strong commitment to client service
- Ability to lead projects and affect change
- Client management, diplomacy, and people skills
- Strong background in technology and intellectual property, information security and privacy
- Familiarity with payment services and financial services regulations, alternative payment types, mobile wallets, security products and supporting global businesses is a plus.