Discover your opportunity
In your role, you will collaborate closely with AXA XL’s attorneys, corporate development team, alternative capital team, tax, investment, finance and treasury functions to assist in supporting a variety of transactions, involving insurance linked securities, credit facilities, strategic investments, dispositions and acquisitions, as well as assisting with general corporate legal matters including commercial contracts and corporate governance. We are looking for a lawyer with strong transactional experience, preferably M&A, structured finance or capital markets, and a demonstrated ability to achieve results. The candidate must demonstrate ingenuity, a strong work ethic, the ability/appetite to punch above their weight, commercial judgement and critical thinking in order to consider the wider impact/implications as they relate to legal and regulatory aspects of business transactions.
You will report to Head of Legal, Corporate and Strategic TransactionsWhat will your essential responsibilities include?
Share your talentWe’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Collaborate with AXA XL’s business stakeholders, operations, finance, tax and legal colleagues to support AXA XL’s corporate development, alternative capital, finance, tax and procurement teams
- Negotiate, interpret, draft and review a variety of transactional agreements, including subscription agreements, letters of intent, term sheets, joint venture agreements, acquisition and disposition agreements, disclosure documents, non-disclosure agreements, proof of concepts, service agreements and procurement agreements
- Lead complex and fast paced transactional matters, including legal due diligence
- Maintain and update contract templates
- Work on ad-hoc legal projects
- Instruct and manage relationships with outside counsel
- Stay current on key transactional legal developments
- JD from an accredited law school
- Member in good standing of a State Bar
- Seven to ten years experience at a top law firm with a preference for some previous in-house transactional experience
- A demonstrated track record as a transactional lawyer with proven experience
- Exercises outstanding judgment
- A demonstrated agility and ability to prioritize and manage concurrent matters
- Takes initiative, thinks creatively, and has the ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team, with a passion for continuous improvement.
- Works tenaciously to achieve results, sets high standards for self and others, and acts with a sense of urgency
- Excellent research, verbal and written communication, collaboration, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to work independently and the ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates an ability to explore positions and produce alternatives that result in outcomes acceptable to all parties
- Demonstrates critical thinking in order to identify key issues and to consider wider impact/implications as they relate to legal aspects of business transactions
- Adapts to a fluid work environment with shifting needs and priorities
- Must be able to articulate and identify issues and to solve both complex and uncomplicated problems
- Must have team-oriented approach, and strong ability to think outside of the box and to suggest changes and new ideas that affect excellence.