If youâ€™re an experienced Healthcare Attorney, ready to join an innovative team that provides cutting-edge legal strategies and solutions to businesses that accelerate health and wellness, then look no further! Our leading Healthcare and FDA Firm is seeking a Healthcare Attorney with 5+ yearsâ€™ experience in healthcare, regulatory and corporate law.
What you should know about us before you apply. We are not your typical small law firm! Our founder and managing attorney is an entrepreneur who has poised the Firm for rapid growth this year. We are small enough that everyone is a critical part of the team, yet big enough to offer the security and professional growth opportunities you want. Our Firm is based in the Bay Area and San Diego, but we typically serve clients remotely from the comfort of our homes or executive suites. Because we operate virtually, much of the time, we are open to accepting applications from Attorneys outside of California.
Our clients include: health technology companies, medical groups, medical spas, mobile medical app developers, telemedicine groups, wearable health tech manufacturers, and other health and wellness ventures and practices. Our legal services include regulatory issues, transactional/ corporate work, and dispute resolution. Our clients are national and international. We attract, mentor and retain the best healthcare, FDA & business lawyers. We create a supportive, inclusive and motivating environment where everyone gets excited about their practice, business development, and growth. We believe the multi-trillion-dollar health and wellness industry will continue to expand and require intelligent and savvy navigators who can counsel clients through the legal and regulatory waters.
If the following describes you, then YOU may be the Superstar weâ€™re looking for:
- Provides unparalleled, value-add advice/service to clients
- Amplifies client confidence, trust, and happiness with you and the Firm
- Experienced in healthcare law, healthcare compliance, and FDA/FTC law
- Strategic Thinker
- Exceptional Communication Skills â€“ verbal, written and active listener
- Researching and analyzing complex legal issues relating to healthcare, FDA law, employment law or general corporate law.
- Writing analytical memos for the Firmâ€™s clients on topics such as: fraud and abuse, including Stark and the federal anti-kickback statute; the corporate practice of medicine; regulation of dietary supplements, cosmetics, medical devices, and OTC & homeopathic drugs; and structures for healthcare ventures.
- Assessing legal risks and discussing legal strategy and solutions with clients.
- Preparing compliance documents.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of contracts, including: management services agreements, M&A documents (such as a shareholdersâ€™ purchase agreement); employment agreements; staffing agreements; and similar.
Skills and Experience
- Member of the Bar, admitted to one or more states, including the state in which the candidate is living (ideally, including California or New York)
- 5+ years of legal practice experience and substantive mastery of either:
- Healthcare law
- FDA & FTC law
- Such experience might be gained in law firm practice or in a General Counsel role in a hospital or other healthcare facility.
- Record of superior academic and professional achievement
- â€śAâ€ť Team Player
- A portable book of client business and business development skills are a plus.