The Publix Legal team is growing and is now looking for a Senior Healthcare Attorney at the headquarters location in Lakeland, FL.
The position’s primary purpose is to manage and advise stakeholders with respect to legal/regulatory risk associated with Pharmacy Retail Business Unit and Pharmacy Warehouse operations and business initiatives. This includes supporting the Pharmacy Retail Business Unit, all retail Pharmacy locations and the Pharmacy Warehouse with day-to-day regulatory and other legal issues. This position also may have a management function within the Legal Department.
The responsibilities include:
- Analyze/assess legal/regulatory risk associated with Pharmacy RBU and Pharmacy Warehouse activities & initiatives, provide legal advice on regulatory, transactional, legislative, agency enforcement and other healthcare/pharmacy related legal and compliance issues, and develop and recommend solutions designed to satisfy customer needs
- Review, evaluate, draft and negotiate healthcare/pharmacy contract terms in a manner designed to protect Publix Super Markets Inc.
- Interact with regulatory agencies to respond to agency inquiries and resolve agency concerns and administrative enforcement actions
- Represent Legal Department on project teams as a subject matter expert for healthcare/pharmacy regulatory, transactional, legislative, agency enforcement and other healthcare/pharmacy related legal and compliance issues.
- Support Publix’s Pharmacy Compliance Program.
- Develop and maintain professional proficiency
- Juris Doctor degree
- Member of a state bar association
- 4 years of Pharmacy Law or 7 years of general Healthcare Law practice experience
Broad Health law experience, including experience with HIPAA and privacy, billing, reimbursement and managed care, Medicare and Medicaid enrollment and conditions of participation, controlled substances regulation, licensing, False Claim Act, Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute and Civil Monetary Penalties Law, and health care transactions.