This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic legal department and a growing Privacy, Product, and Marketing Counsel team at a fast-paced company. The Palo Alto Networks Privacy, Product, and Marketing Counsel Team works with all departments across Palo Alto Networks to incorporate privacy and security in everything we do, by providing guidance, education, and tools, to facilitate adoption of our products and to make Palo Alto Networks a trusted brand for privacy and security.
We are seeking a talented, self-starter, and solution-focused team player who enjoys working collaboratively as well as driving projects independently. This position is open for candidates located in the United States.The Role:
The Senior Director, Product Counsel takes a collaborative approach to building privacy, security, and product frameworks. You will be a key legal partner to the cross-functional teams that build our best-in-class cybersecurity products.
Reporting to the V.P. Chief Privacy Counsel, you will be a team leader working on critical product initiatives with key stakeholders across the company. You are motivated by unique issues and enthusiastic about being the legal partner to our products and data teams. You are experienced in translating complex legal issues into efficient and practical solutions for the company.
You will provide strategic and tactical legal guidance to the product team and other business leaders with the goal of mitigating legal risks in all phases of product development. You will have significant experience advising on product security, privacy, and AIML and be engaged in keeping up-to-date with the evolving landscape related to data, privacy and cybersecurity.
- Be the legal advisor and business partner to the company's product and business teams from the initial stages of product development to the general availability of the product and beyond.
- In collaboration with privacy counsels, conduct data impact assessments and other security assessments on new products and enhancements to existing products.
- Identify potential legal risks and provide practical risk-mitigation solutions for existing and new products and services.
- Work closely with the products team to understand their perspectives, processes, applications, projects and technologies to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and industry best practices while guiding the teams to the desired goals.
- Be the lead in drafting and negotiating technology and licensing agreements relating to the products.
- Education: J.D. degree from ABA accredited law school.
- Bar: Must be a member in good standing of an applicable state.
- 10+ years of legal experience with significant experience in product counseling.
- In-house experience at a technology or security company is required.
- Expertise in legal issues impacting the cybersecurity and privacy industry including self-regulatory guidelines, privacy issues and legislation, and global privacy laws & regulations (e.g, GDPR, CCPA/CPRA, and other data protection frameworks).
- Experience collaborating with key product stakeholders.
- Significant experience negotiating a wide range of technology and license agreements.
- Significant experience advising on a range of product and compliance issues, regulations, and industry standards with a focus on privacy, data use, and security.
- Experience reviewing products, features, and initiatives to provide advice consistent with legal obligations in multiple jurisdictions.