The Senior Counsel position will provide support, legal counsel, and advice to management of Ryder’s Dedicated Transportation Solutions (DTS) and Supply Chain Solutions (SCS) divisions, including drafting and negotiating customer contracts, advising operations groups on commercial matters, managing disputes, and handling regulatory compliance. The position will report to the General Counsel of the DTS division.
- Legal generalist position with primary responsibility for preparing, reviewing, and negotiating various commercial and vendor agreements and providing guidance to management of Ryder’s DTS and SCS divisions
- Develop in-depth understanding of the DTS and SCS divisions' strategies and operations
- Identify risks and propose alternatives to mitigate risks
- Manage commercial disputes including engaging and supervising outside counsel when necessary
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Performs other duties as assigned.
JD from a top-tier law school
Four (4) years or more experience at a large law firm or corporate law department focusing on corporate transactions or complex commercial litigation
- Experience negotiating, drafting, and counseling clients
- Sound legal judgment and effective negotiating skills
- Practical and resourceful and able to communicate advice clearly
- Solid presentation skills
- Develop good long-term working relationships internally and externally
- Handle numerous matters simultaneously, think critically, and work in fast-paced business environment
- Persuade, synthesize, and accommodate conflicting viewpoints
- Proven background identifying and understanding legal issues and assessing and managing business and legal risks (Advanced level)
- Member in good standing of a state bar (Florida Bar not required)
Must be a member in good standing of a State Bar (Upon Hire, required).