As our Sr. Counsel, Privacy reporting to the Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, Sr. Director of Litigation, Employment, and Privacy, and in collaboration with our CISO and Consumer Product organizations, you will provide oversight and expertise on a full range of domestic and international Privacy policies, programs and trainings. You will ensure An American Global Computer Security Software Company and partners comply with applicable privacy and data protection laws, related regulations and industry standards.Company Overview:
An American Global Computer Security Software Company is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, An American Global Computer Security Software Company consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.About the role:
- A main focus area for you will provide advice and counsel in a developing data security and privacy compliance program, including policy creation and implementation and oversight of internal audits and monitoring processes.
- You will partner with our CISO and product development leadership teams in understanding company products and software development practices to help develop privacy compliance strategies.
- At the development stage, partner with the Products team to employ practices of privacy by design and default and perform privacy and data impact assessments.
- Maintain a record of processing activities and map the flow of data for suppliers and other third parties.
- In partnership with global Procurement, manage the vendor onboarding process from a privacy perspective and support the development and negotiation of supplier and customer privacy agreements.
- Develop privacy training according to business and compliance needs.
- Support the preparation and carrying out of internal and external audits of global privacy practices.
- Draft and update privacy agreements as required including addressing requirements under new Standard Contractual Clauses.
- Support and provide guidance on the implementation of our Records and Information Management policies, specifically regarding obligations relating to management of personal data.
- Support and provide guidance on incident response.
- Your legal background includes 7+ years of leadership experience in the area of US and global privacy law, including the GDPR, the CCPA, and PIPEDA.
- Additionally, desired and respected IAPP certifications include CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPP/A, CIPP/C.
- In combination with having a passion for Privacy law while keeping up-to-date on global privacy laws and developments, you have a law degree from an accredited law school and are a member of a bar association in good standing.
- Your privacy law experience has been gained from both in-house, multinational companies and international law firms.
- Active experience in contract review and negotiation including data transfer, data processing agreements, and privacy-related provisions for other commercial agreements.
- Counsel on and draft product statements, consent forms, and other documents to ensure compliance with applicable data protection laws.
- You have a history working creatively and strategically with global Security and software product development leaders specific to ensuring adherence to privacy standards.
- You are a practical problem-solver who is confident, mature, flexible, organized, and calm under pressure and can work independently in a dynamic environment.
For Colorado Residents the starting salary for this position is $104,500.00