About the role:
Come join us in our mission to create the most personalized and authentic fan connections on earth. We are looking for a Labor & Employment Law Attorney with at least 10 years of combined law firm and in-house experience to add to our Legal team, who will have broad responsibility and meaningful impact.
This role will be responsible for U.S. and international labor & employment matters, and work closely with our People team. The ideal candidate is an experienced and passionate employment law expert, and a creative, nimble smart problem-solver. They have business sense, a strong work ethic, cross-functional muscle, and a growth mindset. The ideal candidate is flexible and willing to work extended hours across different time zones when necessary.
This role requires strong trust and relationship building skills to help solve challenging legal issues and shape responsive business strategies, including working cross-functionally with members of all of Cameo’s teams.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced, and high-intensity environment.What you’ll be doing for Cameo:
What you bring to the table:
- Handle all U.S. and international labor, employment, and related matters;
- Support and advise the People team on employment-related matters, including hiring, wage and hour compliance, compensation and benefits, employee relations, performance management, internal investigations, work from anywhere issues, leaves of absence and accommodations, separations, and terminations;
- Manage outside counsel on employment matters, including immigration and compliance issues;
- Draft and negotiate domestic and international offer letters, employment and related agreements;
- Support and advise the People team on international employment and global mobility issues, including compensation and benefits as well as contingent workforce issues;
- Assist the People team in drafting and revising employee policies, internal process reviews, new policy roll-outs and implementation, and other employee-facing documents and compliance matters;
- Evaluate employment practices for legal risk, establish priorities for process improvements, and provide solutions for compliance and resolving employment disputes;
- Support and advise the People team in the creation and delivery of trainings related to employment law matters;
- Support and advise the People team in connection with benefit plans and compensation programs, including health benefits, wellness programs, perks, and 401(k) plans;
- Provide advice and counsel to People and Finance teams regarding equity grants;
- Review and respond to employment related claims, demand letters, administrative complaints, audits, and other employment-related inquiries;
- Support workforce related aspects of M&A and other transactions; and
- Support audits, investigations, and other compliance efforts.
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school, with membership to at least one US state bar;
- A minimum of 10 years of Labor & Employment law experience, additional experience welcomed;
- Experience working in Labor & Employment matters at both a large law firm (at least 5 years) and in-house, preferably at a high-growth tech start-up (at least 3 years);
- Expertise in federal and state employment laws and regulations (including ADA, ADEA, FMLA, CFRA, FLSA, etc.), particularly for California, Illinois and New York, with strong familiarity of the laws of all other US jurisdictions;
- Experience in handling international workforce matters, with expertise in UK, EU and Australian law;
- Experience handling compliance, investigations and dispute resolution/litigation;
- Demonstrated ability to build trust quickly with cross-functional partners and work effectively and collaboratively within a legal team and cross-functionally at all levels of a growing organization;
- Experience advising HR teams and other cross-functional partners in building strategies to execute and operationalize advice;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills and superior attention to detail;
- Experience providing excellent and thorough legal services quickly in a constantly changing environment, with the ability to pivot and adjust as needed;
- Demonstrated resilience and comfort working in a company experiencing rapid growth;
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, with an entrepreneurial mindset and strong work ethic;
- Sound business and legal judgment, with the ability to evaluate risk in light of business and practical considerations and make clear recommendations; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.