We are seeking a bright and highly motivated attorney to join our growing legal team Senior Counsel. In this position, you will play a key role in supporting K Health's expansion. Your primary area of focus will be regulatory compliance, but you'll also get your hands dirty on contract negotiation and review. Also, because we are a small legal team, we are seeking a flexible team player who relishes the opportunity to roll up their sleeves and cover the broad range of day-to-day legal needs of the organization.Responsibilities:
- Support K Health's regulatory compliance strategy, including conducting research on applicable laws and regulations relating to healthcare, telemedicine, HIPAA, consumer protection, and other areas relevant to our business and services.
- Draft, document and update policies and procedures relevant to the above areas.
- Provide advice and assistance in the implementation of company-wide compliance programs, initiatives and trainings
- Advise all levels of business stakeholders in a clear manner regarding applicable compliance requirements with a solid understanding of our industry
- Assist in conducting internal compliance investigations, risk assessments and audits
- As needed, draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements
- Collaborate with and manage outside counsel where applicable
- Remain available and flexible to support the needs of the legal and compliance functions
- J.D. from a top-tier law school
- Member of the NY bar and in good standing
- 4 to 6 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience at a reputable law firm
- Both law firm and in-house experience preferred
- Experience with state licensing matters
- Skilled at developing approaches to legal challenges while remaining business-focused
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new areas of law and regulation in a variety of jurisdictions
- Ability to multitask, work independently and carry out important projects with limited oversight
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- An understanding of the automotive or consumer finance industry
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements a plus
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.