The Senior Counsel, FMS position will provide support, legal counsel and advice to Fleet Management Solutions including drafting and negotiating customer contracts, advising operations group on all types of substantive commercial matters, managing commercial disputes and regulatory compliance.
** Flexible Working Arrangement**
- The position will report to the Senior Lawyer for the Company's largest division Fleet Management Solutions (FMS) business segment
- This is a legal generalist position with primary responsibility for preparing, reviewing and negotiating various commercial and transactional agreements as well as working collaboratively with internal clients in North America and Europe on a variety of commercial legal matters
- Identify risks and propose alternative structures to mitigate risks involved in transactions and contracts
- Management of commercial disputes including management of outside litigation counsel
- Provide opinions and guidance to managers and employees of the FMS division relying on the individual's expertise in Commercial/Corporate law and in-depth understanding of the FMS division's strategies, operations and interrelationships, rather than detailed research
Performs other duties as assigned.
JD from an accredited top-tier law school
- Minimum of four- Six (4-6) years legal experience with top-tier law firm
- Must be a member in good standing of a State Bar
- Possess corporate and commercial law experience
- Some experience with managing commercial litigation and other dispute resolution matters as well as regulatory and compliance issues
- This position will require approximately 10% travel
- Sound legal judgment and effective negotiating skills, be practical and resourceful, and be able to communicate advice clearly
- Solid presentation skills; ability to provide legal analysis to a wide variety of people
- Proven background identifying and understanding legal issues and assessing and managing business and legal risks
- Ability to take a balanced viewpoint when making decisions on risk and reward
- Successful at pushing back with internal clients while maintaining a solid long-term relationship
- Some in-house experience supporting company operations is a definite plus
Other Must be a member in good standing of a State Bar (Upon Hire, required).