About The Brand
An American Multinational Mass Media Conglomerate Company (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, An American Multinational Mass Media Conglomerate Company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.Overview and Responsibilities
The Senior Counsel for the Advertising, Global Sourcing and Enterprise Technology, An American Multinational Mass Media Conglomerate Company Business and Legal Affairs group serves in both a transactional and advisory function. Partnering across broad, cross-functional client groups, including the advertising sales and enterprise technology groups, the Senior Counsel will manage complex transactions for our various business areas across all Viacom Media Networks programming services.
The day-to-day focus areas include multiplatform advertising sales and operations, branded content and integrated marketing, influencer marketing, enterprise technology and IT infrastructure support, research and data licensing, information security, anti-piracy and distribution.ResponsibilitiesSenior Counsel will
- Structure, draft and negotiate agreements for data licenses and research services, enterprise software, software-as-a-service licensing, digital content and production agreements, talent and social influencer activations, intellectual property licenses, strategic alliances, integrated marketing agreements, distribution, and license agreements in all media platforms and agreements relating to the purchase and sale of advertising across linear, digital and emerging platform ad sales operations and strategy, digital content and production.
- Advise and counsel a broad range of client groups representing all An American Multinational Mass Media Conglomerate Company programming services on a variety of complex business and legal matters, including responsibility for, or key involvement in, developing and implementing policies, practices and key initiatives across business and legal teams.
- J.D or equivalent degree required.
- New York State Bar membership and/or qualified to register as NY In-House Counsel required.
- 4+ years of related large law firm and/or media company experience required.
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of advertising technology, integrated marketing, influencer marketing, research and data, software and technology services and digital media required. A focus in one or more of the following areas also required: software licensing and development, ad sales operations, social media, data licensing, privacy, copyright, anti-piracy and other intellectual property laws, distribution, licensing and/or entertainment.
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments simultaneously independently in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work closely with and maintain effective relationships` within and outside primary client groups.
- Strong communication skills (oral, verbal, written)