What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases.
We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before.
Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
Editas Medicine is seeking a highly motivated Senior Corporate Counsel with public company experience in the biotechnology industry to join its legal team. The Senior Corporate Counsel will play a key role in public company and compliance matters, corporate financing transactions, and corporate governance. This role will be highly visible and will directly contribute to Editas Medicine’s success. The successful candidate is capable of building strong relationships across the company, including with the Executive Team, finance, investor relations, human resources, and business development teams as well as serving as a trusted business adviser. The position will report to the Chief Legal Officer.
- Responsibility for Editas Medicine’s securities law compliance and reporting obligations, including registration statements, 10-K/Qs, 8-Ks, Section 16 filings, proxy statement and annual meeting process.
- Advise management with respect to compliance with all applicable securities and corporate laws and corporate governance matters.
- Advise on corporate financing transactions, including leading on due diligence, drafting and negotiation of related documents.
- Assist Chief Legal Officer on corporate secretary duties, including preparation of board materials preparing meeting materials, minutes, consents, resolutions, charters, and policies.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to train employees regarding public company compliance and assist with the development and implementation of company policies.
- Partner with Investor Relations, Corporate Communications and Clinical/Regulatory teams to review external communications, including press releases, earnings releases and investor presentations.
- Partner with human resources and finance teams to advise on a variety of matters, including employee equity incentive programs.
- 10+ years of experience in a public biotech or pharmaceutical corporate setting. A combination of both law firm and in-house public company experience is a plus.
- JD from an accredited law school and active membership in at least one state bar.
- Detailed understanding of applicable securities laws and significant experience advising clients on public company reporting and compliance matters
- Ability to work collaboratively across the company, successfully build relationships, and efficiently manage outside counsel.
- Ability to think creatively, evaluate and manage risk, devise business-focused solutions to challenging problems, and drive issues to closure to meet the company’s goals.
- Demonstrated success managing complex corporate transactions and multiple competing matters.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making and communications skills.