We are looking for an exceptionally talented attorney to support our rapidly evolving Prime Video business, in particular by helping to lead our efforts to grow Amazon’s selection of sports content. You will serve as a primary lawyer responsible for counseling the business and drafting commercial agreements, and you will be responsible for independently and effectively solving a broad range of product and regulatory issues. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic content licensing and production deals, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation disputes and inquiries.
Principal duties include structuring, drafting, and negotiating complex distribution, licensing, marketing, production, and other commercial agreements, and providing ongoing legal counsel across a wide range of areas, including intellectual property, digital media, and regulatory compliance. Some travel will be required.Basic Qualifications
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school and active membership in one state bar
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience (with several years of experience at a leading law firm or several years of relevant in-house experience)
- Strong transactional experience
- A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
- Proven ability to execute projects to achieve meaningful positive results
- Ability to work independently, while contributing meaningfully to cross-functional teams
- Inclination to take on big challenges and aggressively drive meaningful solutions, regardless of complexity or uncertainty
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills
- Interest in entertainment and media, and sports and sports media in particular
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .