Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cutting-edge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with other experts in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
Want to make an impact that matters? Consider Deloitte Global.
Work you'll do:
- The person hired will contribute in the following areas:
- Provide legal support on cross-border combinations, joint ventures and other strategic arrangements within the Deloitte network
- Provide legal support for various investments in member firms around the world
- Provide legal support for large or strategic global acquisitions by the Deloitte Network
- Advise on the powers, authorities, and responsibilities of the Boards, Committees, and Executives of Deloitte Global
- Advise on matters relating to structure of the Deloitte Network
- Advise on proposed amendments to governance documents
- Advise leadership on material member firm matters, activities, and transactions
- Ensure compliance with governance obligations
- Prepare resolutions and filings, including certain securities filings
- General Matters
- Advise on aspects of global strategies
- Advise on risks to the Deloitte Network based on proposed transactions, structural matters, and other activities
- Provide legal support on bank lending arrangements
- Provide legal support on the provision of services by Deloitte Global to member firms, including the structure of how such services are provided
- Provide legal support on personnel assignment arrangements
- Review and advise on Deloitte policies
- Review press releases and other communications
- Support efforts to protect the Deloitte brand/sub-brands and license them internally
- Work closely with DTTL business and legal leaders and member firm leaders around the world
What you'll be part of - our Deloitte Global Culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and implement global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has opportunities. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Who you'll work with:
How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires our people at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching, and mentoring. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte’s Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do — that’s why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree and a J.D. (or equivalent) from a top law school.
- Years of Experience: At least 8-10 years of experience as a senior level associate/junior partner on M&A transactions. In-house legal experience is a plus.
- Transactional involvement in one or more of the following industries: private equity, banking, financial advisory services, professional services, real estate, asset management, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, technology and energy.
- Experience drafting and negotiating transactional documents, merger agreements, purchase and sale agreements, commercial contracts, funding and investment agreements, transitional services agreements, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, letters of intent, MOUs, and company formation and organizational documents.
- International/cross-border legal experience
- Highly client-service oriented with a proven commitment to quality
- Demonstrates consistent thought leadership and strategic thinking in sensitive and complex situations
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively delivering information orally and in writing
- Strong work ethic; we are a leanly staffed legal department and everyone in the Corporate group handles a broad array of matters, works on all facets of those matters and directly interfaces with Deloitte Network leaders
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships across the Deloitte Network and externally