Are you interested in working on cutting-edge legal and e-commerce issues that impact millions of customers around the world? The Microsoft Store team in our Corporate, External and Legal Affairs (CELA) department is looking for a dynamic, talented, and experienced attorney to join a team of lawyers that prides itself on collaboration, learning, energy, caring, and creating wins for Microsoft and its partners and customers.
This position will provide front-line legal support for the Microsoft Store Category Management and Digital Store Analytics and Operations teams. In this role, you will support key sales motions across customer segments, strategic transactions, product launches, and business development initiatives. You’ll be an integral part of the business and engineering teams you support, giving input on business strategy in addition to providing day-to-day legal counsel on a broad range of domestic and international issues, including intellectual property, data privacy, consumer protection, competition law, and marketing law issues. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a centralized team that supports our e-commerce and gaming businesses around the world. A strong background in technology and e-commerce is a plus. This position will be based in Redmond, Washington, Washington D.C., New York, New York, or Atlanta, Georgia, with a Redmond location preferred.Responsibilities:
Qualifications:We are looking for an attorney who meets the following requirements:
- Counsel and advise clients on a variety of complex and developing legal and business issues regarding the delivery of digital gaming content and services.
- Proactively identify legal, regulatory, and reputational risks and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Structure and negotiate complex commercial agreements with external partners, including technology, data sharing, licensing, strategic marketing and integrated product and service experiences agreements.
- Partner with engineering teams and their legal teams to assist with new product and feature launches.
- Advise cross-functional teams on legal risk and market viability of new business models, e-commerce policies, and programming concepts.
- Collaborate with legal department specialists and support international legal colleagues to advise on a variety of legal and regulatory issues, with an emphasis on intellectual property, content moderation, consumer protection and regulatory compliance.
- J.D. or equivalent law degree from an accredited law school with excellent academic credentials
- An active license to practice law and 10+ years as a practicing attorney, preferably with experience in technology and/or e-commerce law
- Life-long learner with demonstrated curiosity about innovation and a broader world view
- Outstanding analytical, organizational, writing and oral communication skills, as well as strong record of effective cross-group collaboration in a diverse and matrixed environment
- Flexible and analytical thinker able to quickly and accurately identify legal issues in a complex environment and to develop solutions by exercising confident judgment in ambiguous situations
- Keen business sense, ability to think strategically, results oriented, and desire to establish a trusted advisor relationship with business clients
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently, meet demanding deadlines, prioritize workflow and adjust to frequent workload fluctuations
- Prior in-house experience with a public company and/or law firm experience working with a technology, gaming, or e-commerce company is preferred
- Highly resourceful with the ability to partner, execute and lead through influence